The one wall kitchen layout is the smallest of all kitchen design layouts. There really isn’t a “work triangle” as such for obvious reasons. This kitchen layout is ideal for smaller homes or as a secondary kitchen in a larger homes. This type of kitchen plan is best suited for an efficiency style of apartment and is often incorporated into loft style or open floor plans.
Because its small stature the one-wall kitchen design often lends itself to the use of combination appliances. Hood/microwave works well here as does a range for cooking rather than a cooktop and separate oven. Try not to crowd appliances too closely together. Leaving ample space for cabinetry between appliances will make the kitchen much more functional.
- The single wall design totally eliminates outside traffic flow in this kitchen.
- This is the perfect choice for an open floor plan or basic kitchen layout.
- Likely to be the lease expensive kitchen to remodel.
- The lack of a traditional “work triangle” in the one-wall kitchen design makes it a less efficient kitchen layout.
- Lack of size can lead to limited storage space.
- Storage can be very limited in a smaller kitchen such as this.
Email Marketing by iContact
T.J. - Scottsdale, AZ
"Very knowledgeable and easy to work with. There were no surprises on our completed plans - we'll definitely use them again."
R.W. - San Francisco, CA
"There were a few issues with our design, CAD Kitchen Plans provided us options and was able to iron out the wrinkles for us."
C.M. - Delray Beach, FL
"Very impressed with the level of service and quality of the finished product. Our client loved the detailed presentation."
S.L. - New York, NY
"Gerry was always available and very helpful in engineering our design. His knowledge and experience were extremely helpful."
D.M. - Plano, TX
"All project information was clearly presented in the final plans. Client, cabinet maker and installers had all the information they needed."
J.H. - L.A., CA